Works in a small and dynamic cross-functional team to design, develop and evaluate technology for new downhole oil services applications as well as support existing product lines. Deliverables include supporting electronics developments while ensuring performance at high temperature and extreme environmental conditions of Oil & Gas wells. Responsible for electrical and digital aspects of the product from design specifications to prototyping, integration & testing
- Develop electronic circuits and specifications for downhole tool electronics, sub-assemblies and components.
- Develop and/or sustain single or multi-controller based electronics systems and test platforms to test embedded systems.
- Design power supplies, control circuits and other hardware necessary for system development
- Develop technical specifications for the new product and document design methodology.
- Interface with other teams, especially R&D and Software Development, Repair & Maintenance to improve product development and reliability.
- Test the performance of different circuit blocks at high temperature/harsh environment
- Comply with administrative policies to create engineering documentation, drawings and PCB library parts
- Use math and statistical skills to analyze test data and provide conclusions or recommend design improvements
- Work with the engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve complex engineering problems
- Apply skills and experience to facilitate innovative Engineering Department projects
- 0% to 5% travel
Comply with applicable safety standards and maintain a safe working environment
Comply with applicable quality assurance standards
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited 4 year college or university
- 5 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering, including printed circuit board designs, low noise analog control circuits, power supply design and harsh environment and high temperature design
- Ability to use a computer for accessing sending e-mail, opening and revising documents, accessing internet and web-based systems, and ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited 4 year college or university
- Some experience in downhole oil field industry
- Some experience with mixed signal PCB layout rules
- Ability to use Altium, Orcad, P-Cad or similar PCB design programs
- Some experience with Firmware and/or Labview programming
The job is performed primarily in an office environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards, although there may be exposure to elements and hazards inherent to routine travel. The job requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, walking, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. The job requires operation of standard office equipment, including computers and telephones. The job requires following written and oral instructions, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to work with others, ability to meet deadlines, compliance with specific safety protocols and regular attendance. The job requires following and enforcing established policies procedures and meeting quality and safety standards. The job requires attention to emergency and time sensitive tasks, which may include working irregular and prolonged hours. The job requires making decisions based on experience and knowledge without supervision, as well as supervising, directing and training others. The job requires setting goals and responsibility for results.