Job Function / Purpose
Oversee the management, administration and implementation of Human Resources (HR) programs as it relates to recruitment, onboarding, training, compensation, legal compliance, benefits and employee relations for their respective Region. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Collaborates with business unit managers and provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Implement and administer global HR programs such as policies and procedures, job descriptions, etc. as established by corporate HR for their respective Region.
- Develop and implement employment policies and procedures for the region and ensure compliance with local laws; Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Manage all employee relations matters related to grievances/complaints, disputes and other employment litigation in the region
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate and provides day-to-day guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyzes and provides guidance and interpretation to trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Supervise HR Department personnel, if applicable, and oversee the recruitment process for all personnel and contract employees in the Region
- Review and make recommendations on the global compensation structure for the region
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure objectives are met.
- Manage all locations within the region and new country start-ups with regards to HR, liaising with local legal consultants to ensure compliance with local employment legislation, policies, practices and ensure planning, development and administration of employee benefits, including annual reviews, and comply with applicable local laws
- Ensure that all labor and/or employment reports are submitted to the appropriate agencies in a timely and complete manner for each country in the Region
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Ensure the data integrity of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and comply with HRIS procedures
- Ensure all audits related to benefits, workers compensation, insurance and client requests in the Region are handled properly
- Work with payroll and accounting to ensure effective administration of the payroll function for their respective region
- Manage leave administration in accordance with applicable laws in the region
- Manage the immigration process as it relates inbound and outbound visas for the region and handle any issues that arise
Comply with applicable safety standards and maintain a safe working environment
Comply with applicable quality assurance standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 7-10 years and working knowledge in all areas of HR
- Strong written and oral English and Spanish communication skills
- Regional Human Services Professional Certification (PHR, CIPD)
- Ability travel internationally
- Proven history of resolving complex employee relations issues
- Accounting knowledge as it relates to payroll, financial statements and budgets
- Extensive knowledge of an HRIS system
- Knowledge of local HR legal requirements
- Ability to use a computer for accessing and sending e-mail, opening and revising documents, accessing internet and web-based Gyrodata, Inc. systems, including SharePoint, Agresso and ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working for a U.S. or multinational corporation
- Experience in the oil field services industry
The job is performed primarily in an office environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards, although there may be exposure to elements and hazards inherent to routine travel. The job requires some physical exertion, including sitting, standing, walking, occasional light lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling. The job requires operation of standard office equipment, including computers and telephones. The job requires following written and oral instructions, attention to detail, ability to multitask, ability to work with others, ability to meet deadlines, compliance with specific safety protocols and regular attendance. The job requires following and enforcing established policies procedures and meeting quality and safety standards. The job requires attention to emergency and time sensitive tasks, which may include working irregular and prolonged hours. The job requires making decisions based on experience and knowledge without supervision, as well as supervising, directing and training others. The job requires setting goals and responsibility for results.